We are excited to share with you our new website and refreshed Online Banking! If you are having trouble with Online Banking not displaying correctly, follow the steps below to clear the cache on your internet browser.
Internet Explorer 8 or higher
- Once your browser is open, click the gear icon at the top right to open the Settings menu. Then, select Safety and Delete Browsing History.
- You can also click Tools and select Delete Browsing History, if you have a menu bar.
- Alternately, press ^ Ctrl+⇧ Shift+⌦ Delete to open the Delete Browsing History window.
- Select Temporary Internet Files. You will also need to uncheck all of the other boxes, especially Preserve Favorites website data. This option makes the window also delete objects from websites in your Favorites folder, which is necessary to completely clear your cache.
- Click the Delete button near the bottom of the window to perform the operations (i.e. clear your cache by deleting temporary files).
- Your computer will work for a moment, and then the process will be complete.
- Open the settings on Chrome. Click the menu icon in the upper right corner of the browser to the right. Click settings on the bottom of the menu.
- A faster way to get there is to press ^ Control+⇧ Shift+⌦ Delete on a PC, or if you’re using a Mac ⇧ Shift+⌘ Command+⌦ Delete.
- From settings, click “Show advanced settings…”. It’s located at the very bottom of the settings section.
- Scroll to the privacy section and click “Clear browsing data.”
- Select “Empty the cache.” Uncheck all other options to avoid deleting browser history, cookies, and other things you may wish to retain. Change “Obliterate the following items from” to “the beginning of time.”
- Press “Clear browsing data.”
Safari for Mac OS X
- Once your browser is open, click the Safari menu and select Empty Cache.
- Click Empty.
- Go to “Clear Recent History.”
- On a PC, click the “Firefox” menu in the top left corner. Next, select the right arrow next to “History >” and click “Clear Recent History.”
- Or press ^ Ctrl+⇧ Shift+⌦ Delete to open the recent history window.
- On a Mac, from the Tools menu, select “Clear Recent History.”
- Alternately, you can press ⇧ Shift+⌘ Command+⌦ Delete.
- Make sure “Details” is expanded, then select “Cache” from the list. Uncheck everything else.
- In the “Time Range to Clear” drop down, select “Everything”.
- Select “Clear Now.”
- Your computer will work for a moment, and the process will be complete.