The following information is a list of safety precautions regarding the use of Automated Teller Machines (ATM) and Night Deposit Facilities:
- a. Be aware of your surroundings, particularly at night.
- b. Consider having someone accompany you when the ATM or night deposit facility is used after dark.
- c. If another person is uncomfortably close to you at the time or your transaction, ask the person to step back before you complete your transaction.
- d. Refrain from displaying your cash at the ATM or night deposit facility. As soon as your transaction is completed, place your money in your purse or wallet. Count the cash later in the safety of your car or home.
- e. If you notice anything suspicious at the ATM or night deposit facility, consider using another ATM or night deposit facility or coming back later. If you are in the middle of a transaction and you notice something suspicious, cancel the transaction, take your ATM access device or deposit envelope, and leave.
- f. If you are followed after making a transaction, go to the nearest public are where people are located.
- g. Do not write your personal identification number or code on your ATM card.
- h. Report all crimes to law enforcement officials immediately.