Clackamas Federal Credit Union is looking for qualified applicants for the position of Member Service Representative II in our Call Center. Sales and Service is our #1 priority! This position will be responsible for providing a variety of services for members through inbound or outbound calls, online chat, or email, which includes but is not limited to, opening new membership accounts, processing IRA requests, loan payments, account transfers, account inquiries and account maintenance. To be successful in this position requires the ability to communicate effectively, have good math skills, operate a computer, and represent the Credit Union in a prompt, positive and professional manner.
Position Requirement: 6 months to two years of similar work experience.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Provide friendly and prompt internal and external service by modeling the sales and service initiatives of the organization.
- Model high standards of professionalism, courtesy, communication, attitude, and appearance.
- Process member requests (i.e., deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, transfers, loan payments, line of credit advances, check orders, etc) ensuring complete satisfaction.
- Perform a variety of account maintenance duties.
- Responsible for keeping cash drawer limits within guidelines.
- Buy or sell cash to the vault, keeping drawer within limits, and ensuring dual control at all times.
- Balance checks and cash totals during down times and at the close of each business day.
- Notify Manager any time out of balance. Adhere to the Cash Drawer/Balancing Standards set.
- Assist members with their IRA accounts (opening, contributions, distributions, rollovers, transfers, etc,).
- Open new member accounts, greet and interview potential new member(s) to evaluate risk and to build accurate and long-term banking relationships.
- Explain the features and benefits of electronic services including, Bill Pay, Direct Deposit, Home Banking and E-Statements.
- Verify transactions; examines documents for endorsement, negotiability, and potential red flags, to ensure compliance.
- Process fraud paperwork requirements with the member and forwards to the Risk department.
- Follow procedures for CTR reporting.
- Using account resources, refer or cross-sell products and services that benefits the member.
- Meet or exceed sales and service goals, contributing to branch and member growth.
- Complete the required course training to include Bank Secrecy Act as outlined annually.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience: A high school education or GED and up to 6 months of similar or related experience.
Benefits Offered: Medical, RX, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-term Disability, PTO (vacation/sick), and 401k Retirement.